- What does intimidation mean?
- What makes a person intimidating?
- Is harassment a felony or misdemeanor?
- What is another word for harassment?
- What is the opposite of harassment?
- What is the most common form of harassment?
- What are examples of harassment?
- What is an example of intimidation?
- What does it mean to be intimidated by someone?
- What is another word for verbal abuse?
- What does hindrance mean?
- What is it called when you treat someone unfairly?
- What is the synonym of stalking?
- What are the 3 types of harassment?
What does intimidation mean?
: to make timid or fearful : frighten especially : to compel or deter by or as if by threats tried to intimidate a witness..
What makes a person intimidating?
1) You Stick to Your Word. While being someone people can count on should be a good thing, many people are intimidated by the idea that you do what you said you would do. This often makes others look bad because let’s face it, more often than not, people slack off in certain areas of their life.
Is harassment a felony or misdemeanor?
Harassment charges can range from misdemeanor to high level felony charges. In many states, people charged with harassment will receive a higher level charge if they have previously been convicted of harassment, of communicating a threat, or of a domestic violence offense.
What is another word for harassment?
What is another word for harassment?annoyancepesteringaggravationbedevilmentbotherhasslebadgeringirritationpersecutionmolestation130 more rows
What is the opposite of harassment?
Opposite of harassment or hounding. camaraderie. empathy. esteem. friendliness.
What is the most common form of harassment?
The two most common forms are described as quid pro quo sexual harassment and hostile work environment sexual harassment: Quid pro quo harassment.
What are examples of harassment?
Examples of harassment in the workplace include derogatory jokes, racial slurs, personal insults and expressions of disgust or intolerance toward a particular race. Abuse may range from mocking a worker’s accent to psychologically intimidating employees by making threats or displaying discriminatory symbols.
What is an example of intimidation?
To imtimidate is defined as to frighten someone or to make someone be in awe of you, especially if you do so in order to get what you want. An example of intimidate is to act very tough to scare your enemies. “Intimidate.” YourDictionary.
What does it mean to be intimidated by someone?
You can see “timid” in the middle of intimidate, and to be timid is to be frightened or to pull back from something. When you intimidate, you frighten or make someone afraid. … An animal might intimidate a smaller animal by bearing its teeth, and a person can intimidate another by threatening to do something harmful.
What is another word for verbal abuse?
What is another word for verbal abuse?revilingvilificationinsultslibelrailingreprimandreproachscoldingslanderupbraiding161 more rows
What does hindrance mean?
1 : the state of being interfered with, held back, or slowed down : the state of being hindered hindrance of speech. 2 : a person or thing that interferes with or slows the progress of someone or something : impediment a hindrance to learning.
What is it called when you treat someone unfairly?
mistreat. verb. to treat someone in an unfair or cruel way.
What is the synonym of stalking?
Stalking Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for stalking?huntingchasingshadowingtrailingcoursingdoggingpursuingtailingambushingapproaching49 more rows
What are the 3 types of harassment?
Some of the different types of discriminatory harassment will be described in more detail below.Harassment based on race. … Harassment based on gender. … Harassment based on religion. … Harassment based on disability. … Harassment based on sexual orientation. … Age-related harassment. … Sexual harassment. … Quid pro quo sexual harassment.