- What is another word for not understanding?
- When you say something but don’t mean it literally?
- How do you say I don’t understand politely?
- What does deep understanding mean?
- What is another word for deeper?
- What is another word for in depth?
- What is another word for understanding?
- What is a synonym for a deeper understanding?
- How do you describe understanding?
- What is the root word for understanding?
- What are the three levels of understanding?
- What do you call an understanding person?
- What is an antonym for understanding?
What is another word for not understanding?
What is another word for don’t understand?don’t knowdon’t comprehenddon’t realizedon’t recognize.
When you say something but don’t mean it literally?
When you say something facetiously, you don’t really mean it — you’re joking.
How do you say I don’t understand politely?
5 Ways To Say You Don’t Understand“I just don’t get it!” It makes no sense to me! Use this phrase when you want to say that something seems illogical to you. … “It makes no sense to me!” It’s a mystery to me! … “It’s a mystery to me!” It’s completely beyond me! … “It’s completely beyond me!” I can’t get my head around it!
What does deep understanding mean?
To have deep understanding is to be able to put the pieces together and to use such understanding to do things (e.g., solve problems, create new ideas etc). … Reflect Show new understanding of something by studying past experience.
What is another word for deeper?
What is another word for deeper?vasterextremermore profoundmore unfathomablemore yawningmore boundlessmore deep-setmore immeasurablemore limitlessmore unplumbed4 more rows
What is another word for in depth?
What is another word for in-depth?comprehensivecompletedetailedprofounddeeppainstakingcarefulconsidereddiligentextensively230 more rows
What is another word for understanding?
SYNONYMS. comprehend, apprehend, grasp, see, take in, perceive, discern, make out, puzzle out, recognize, keep up with, master, get to know, follow, fathom, get to the bottom of, penetrate, divine, interpret, unravel, decipher, see the light about, envisage.
What is a synonym for a deeper understanding?
Synonyms. savvy self-knowledge appreciation brainstorm hold smattering grasping discernment hindsight apprehension comprehension realisation realization insight brainwave recognition grasp knowing.
How do you describe understanding?
Here are some adjectives for understanding: doubtful and evident, your curious, certain interior, real musical, clear and accurate, friendly, direct and indirect, full and complete, tacit, mutual, humane, cordial, more complete, human, indirect, evident, stable, imperfect, doubtful, deeper, accurate, correct, wider, …
What is the root word for understanding?
Understand seems like a pretty straightforward English word. … When we understand we “get it,” “catch the drift” or “get a handle on it.” The root of comprehend is the Latin prehendere, grasp. Perceive comes from capere, “take hold of.” Many languages refer to these metaphors in their vocabulary of understanding.
What are the three levels of understanding?
There are three levels of understanding in reading comprehension: literal meaning, inferential meaning, and evaluative meaning.
What do you call an understanding person?
1. 1. Empathetic Someone who has the ability to understand and share someone’s feelings and emotions. Understanding Someone who is aware of someone’s condition, is tolerant and doesn’t judge. Sympathetic Someone who is concerned about somebody and cares about them and what they feel.
What is an antonym for understanding?
understanding. Antonyms: ignorance, misapprehension, misunderstanding, misinterpretation, misconstruction, mindlessness, irrationality.